During this course you can take a step by step journey into the core Human Resource functions of an organisation, through this you will develop a broad understanding of the key areas such as recruitment, training & development and performance management. The course has a consistent theme being technology and the significant impact it has on the way we manage people today.
What will I learn?
- Identify how HR has evolved over the last century
- Gain an understanding of current and emerging issues in HR such as:
- Workplace stress and bullying
- The implications of IT, email and the internet
- Flexible work arrangement & virtual work teams
- Develop a broad understanding of the recruitment process from the planning stages to how to retain your recruits. You will also gain insight into how to apply HR techniques such as:
- Using social media to recruit staff
- Using behavioural interviewing techniques
- How to screen potential job candidates
- Identify the role of training and development in an organisation and explore modern approaches to workplace learning.
- Develop a broad understanding of the role of performance management. In particular:
- Tools and techniques you can use to help you manage staff
- How to conduct performance reviews
- Managing the use of social media in the workplace
This course requires approximately 2 – 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments. The total video time for this course is approximately 4 hours 22 minutes.
If you pass this course you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn’t a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.